Wednesday, January 23, 2008

In ten years I will be...

hopefully reaping the benefits of working hard now. I hope to be well-entrenched in my dream job of Physical Therapist, being a community leader, and starting a family of my own. After graduating from Clemson in May of 2009, I plan to attend Graduate School and dig myself further into student loan debt while most of my friends start making what seems like a fortune to a person right out of college. While still in school, however, I hope to get my doctorate in Physical Therapy and start practicing shortly thereafter.
Ten years from now, I see myself raising a family and living a happy, yet simple life. I plan to have an 8-5 job working at an outpatient physical therapy clinic, hopefully self-owned one day, leaving all my work at the office, and not having to work any weekends. I see myself giving a lot to my family and community, because as my Dad says about community service, "You've got to give something back. If you don't have the time, give the money; and if you don't have the money, give the time." I hope to be watching my kids go to public schools, because I think private schools give children a skewed reality and slight them on some social skills necessary to make kids humble and accepting. I'm definitely going to be involved in my family a great deal, which is one of the reasons why I chose PT instead of going to med-school and becomming a doctor or a big businessman. One thing I've promised myself is that I won't be one of those parents glued to a cell-phone all the time whose business hours run into family time. Finally, I see myself with a dog. I never had a dog growing up, but I've always wanted one.
This is an image of what I see myself like in ten years, but I'll be the first to tell you there are a whole lot things that I want to do and see before becomming the home-body physical therapist.

No comments: