Sunday, February 10, 2008

Still got sweaty palms

Sometime in my future, I know an interview with a prospective company is looming. While I've never been too good at situations like interviews, I think this website offered a bit of good advice. After reading two articles, I have a little better of an idea of what to expect. I've learend that appearance is crucial when giving off a first impression. Secondly, I need to do some homework about the company, possibly even jotting down some notes to show that you are really interested in the company and not merely going through the motions of an interview. The second article I read provided good information about sealing the deal. You can really blow a great interview by slipping up towards the end. As in public speaking, delivery is everything. How you say what you say is very important and can make or break you in an interview. Next, the interviewer is more likely to remember the last thing you say. Therefore, when listing things, save the best quality or job for last. Lastly, you should be aware of how the employers will get back to you before you leave, so you're not left waiting around for a phone call that will never come.

No comments: