Sunday, March 2, 2008

Thoughts on the mock interview

Interviews have never been that easy for me. I've always been a little apprehensive about the whole interview process that awaits in years to come. From the time I was interviewed by Dennis Carter, a legendary local sports anchor, for some athletic accomplishments, I've always sort of stumbled over my words when being interviewed. However, practice does make perfect and I thought the mock interview was a great tool that will help me in the future.

After scrupulously examining my interviews and comparing them to others who were waiting in line in the dungeoun-esque room, I realized that my resume looked like it was done on a typewriter compared to their beautiful masterpieces these girls were clutching. Nonetheless, I persevered and made my way to the interviewing room. Honestly, I was pretty confident going in because not more than two hours before this, our health 419 Prep for Internship class conducted mock interviews as well. So I got a feel of what kind of questions they asked like, "describe yourself in five words". This helped alot when I came into Angie's interview. Halfway through the interview, I realized that I didn't have any questions to ask after the interview, but sort of winged it when the time came based on some of the information that I had read about the program I was interviewing for. The stories I used for the answers were kind of on-the-spot as well, seeing that I had never been to an official interview before. Nonentheless, I really enjoyed this low-pressure interivew and would definitely reccomend continuing it to benefit many more future businessmen and women.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's good to have some practice without the pressure b/c it makes you realize you can do the task well. Then, that might take away some of the pressure, lol. You did a great job!

Michael said...

I just wanted to let you know that your presentation was a success! Short and sweet but very interesting. Good work man.
Michael